We recognize how school closures deeply affect our community and families. We realize that the role that schools play in our community are essential. These decisions weren’t made lightly. It is always our mission to put kids first and do what is best for them.
That being said, South Lane School District is still committed to serving its students, community and families despite our doors being closed. The following is our plan for operations that will continue until students return on April 1st. Please understand that changes may need to be made to this plan after this communication, but we let you know if that happens.
Our food service team has been tirelessly working to ensure that students will have meals during the two unscheduled closure weeks.
- Pick up dates:
- Tue. March 17th
- Wed. March 18th
- Thu. March 19th
- Fri. March 20th
- Mon. March 30th
- Tues. March 31st
- Pick up time: 9:00am-10:00am
- Pick up locations:
- Cottage Grove High School, main parking lot (1375 S. River Rd.)
- Dorena School, main parking lot (37141 Row River Rd, Dorena, OR 97434)
- London School, main parking lot (73288 London Rd, Cottage Grove, OR 97424)
- Any child, up to age 18, can receive a breakfast and lunch each day. Federal regulations require that the children receiving meals must be in the car when meals are picked up.
- To comply with the governor’s order to limit close personal contact, we ask that everyone remain in the car, and we will deliver the meals to your car.
- If you have any questions, please call 541-767-1677
Grading & Finals
- CGHS Finals: Make up Finals day will be Friday, April 3rd. CGHS will be on its originally scheduled final schedule from March 13th.
- Report Cards: Will be sent home the week of April 6th.
Athletics & Competitions
All athletics are currently suspended. At this time, there is to be no practices, individual workouts, and per the governor’s directive, no competitions until April 8th.
The Warren H. Daugherty Aquatic center will be closed. South Valley Athletics has delayed their soccer season and South Valley Little League has delayed the start of their baseball season. Please check with those organizations for any updates.
All previously scheduled meetings are canceled until April 8th.
Students will only be allowed to enter the building on Monday, March 16th briefly from 12:00-2:00pm to retrieve needed personal items. Principals will be on-hand to supervise. In order to sanitize the building, students will not have access to the building again until April 1st.
There will be no community access to all school district properties during the closure, as it will impede sanitization efforts. All regular programs, classes and events are canceled, this includes, but is not limited to Cross Fit, morning basketball, step class, workouts, prep classes, meetings, South Valley Athletics, Babe Ruth, South Valley Athletics, etc.
All facility/field requests and events in the South Lane School District have been canceled through April 8th.
Maintenance and custodial staff will be sanitizing every room and touchpoint in our buildings as per CDC and OHA guidelines.
- Sign up for Flash Alert and download their phone app for the quickest information. We always post there first.
- Check our webpage
- Follow our Facebook page
Please call the district office at 541-942-3381.